The other day, we went to Disneyland Paris to look at one of the ways they focus on Customer Service. Let’s head to Disneyland Hong Kong today.
One of the best things you can do for customers is to provide them viable options. Empowering customers with informed choices gives them the power to influence their situation. For instance, consider the following:
- Identifying a variety of ways to receive communication/information.
- Providing a range of payment options.
- Identifying primary, secondary, and tertiary points of contact for resolving concerns/questions.
- Creating options for fulfilling compliance requirements.
- Providing options in lieu of waiting on the receipt of products and services.
- Providing more convenient options for a higher fee.
You have an opportunity to help your customers participate in the process by informing them about the available options. Open and honest information is a benefit for everyone involved. It enhances the customer experience, usually costs the business very little to provide, and serves to emphasize all the potential value the situation has to offer.
When you enter many of the Disney parks, you come to what’s referred to as a “tip board.” It provides current wait times to the attractions so you don’t have to walk from one end of the park to another to learn how long the line is. You can decide in Hong Kong if you want to walk in the direction of Mystic Manor, or toward Space Mountain on the other side of the park. At Disneyland and Walt Disney World, apps on mobile devices now provide that information in the palm of your hand.
How are you providing your customers with choices? How are you getting that information out up front?
If you like this kind of insight, you’ll want to get a copy of The Wonderful World of Customer Service at Disney. It offers really great insights such as these, and it helps you to apply them back to your own place of business. Check it out today!